JBS Started Provision of an Outlook Add-on App for Sending and Receiving Secure Files Outside of Company in as Few as Three Steps
- Introducing the “Secure File Transfer App metis fiebie Outlook Version”
Japan Business Systems, Inc. (Headquarters: Minato Ward, Tokyo; President: Yukihiro Makita; hereinafter, “JBS”) has started provision of the “Secure File Transfer App metis fiebie Outlook Version,” which is capable of sending and receiving secure files to and from outside the company in as few as three steps from the email composition screen of Microsoft Outlook (hereinafter, “Outlook”).
metis fiebie Outlook Version offers the following four features.
- From the viewpoint of PPAP removal, it is possible to securely send and receive files to and from outside the company by issuing a URL for accessing the target file without attaching the file.
- When using general file sending/receipt services, it is necessary to log in to the dedicated system via a browser, etc., and specify the destination, etc. However, when using metis fiebie Outlook Version, there is no need to start another system, and operations are completed on the email composition screen of Outlook.
- There is no need to enter an ID or password when using metis fiebie Outlook Version, and there is no need to manage an ID or password dedicated to the application. (Integrated Authentication with Azure Active Directory)
- When using general file sending/receipt services, there is concern regarding the risk of information leakage due to the files being retained in the environment of the service provider as the storage site of the target file. However, metis fiebie Outlook Version is designed so that the file is not retained in the service, so files are not saved outside of your company’s environment.
This service is a new edition added to metis fiebie that was released in July 2020. In addition to the existing service for sending and receiving files from Microsoft Teams (hereinafter, “Teams”), the new addition also supports sending and receiving files from Outlook.
Files can be securely sent and received in as few as three steps. (This service does not support Outlook in an on-premise environment)
Overview of Functions of metis fiebie Outlook Version
- You can send the specified file to an external user or receive the file from outside your company simply by clicking a button on the email composition screen of Outlook.
- You can receive email notifications when the sent file is downloaded, or when a file is uploaded.
- Supports sending and receiving of files up to 15 GB per file.
- Automatically generates a one-time password when downloading or uploading a file.
- Uses your company’s SharePoint Online as the file storage destination, so data is not saved outside your company’s environment.
- Keeps a log of file that has been sent and received, so you can check a history of sending and receipt.
About metis fiebie
metis fiebie Press Release
JBS Started Provision of the Add-on App “Secure File Transfer App metis fiebie” for Sending and Receiving Files Outside of Company Without Inviting an Outside User to Microsoft Teams (released on July 2, 2020)
About the metis Series
Based on the concept of “improving the quality of operations using Microsoft 365,” metis is a solution suite that improves your work productivity and grows your organization by improving the quality of various operations using Microsoft 365. metis is JBS’s original service for supporting customers through a large number of scenarios and cloud services that can be utilized; for example, reforming meetings that occupy the majority of working hours and supporting online sales activities.
JBS will continue to use the knowledge and techniques honed by enterprise and its strong partnership with Microsoft Japan to support the realization of customers’ further business growth and digital transformation going forward.
- Microsoft and Outlook are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- Any company names, logos, and product names mentioned are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies.
- All details in this press release are as of the date of the creation of this press release and may change without notice. The service may change in part or in its entirety, be cancelled, or become unimplementable due to various reasons.