JBS Launches Managed Security Service for the Reduction of Malware and Other Security Risks and Safer Use of E-mail
Japan Business Systems, Inc. (Head Office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Yukihiro Makita, President; hereinafter “JBS”) today (June 21, 2019) launched Managed Security Service for Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection, a total support service for Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection, a Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd. cloud product that realizes the visualization of e-mail activity, together with control and high-level information protection.
This service is a solution that identifies the types of detected malware and their target users, visualizes the threat situation outside the organization, and swiftly conducts analysis and response. JBS security experts conduct monitoring and analysis to support safe and sustained e-mail usage.
What is Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection?
Office 365 ATP is a cloud-based e-mail filtering service. By providing robust zero-day protection based on a database that gathers threat information from around the world and continues to evolve, the service can protect an organization from unknown malware and viruses.
Merits of Managed Security Service for Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- We set monitoring rules for the use of Exchange Online and conduct monitoring and control of the usage logs.
- A monthly report reports on the Exchange Online usage logs and operation results.
- Using a monitoring template, we monitor and control usage logs and escalate incidents to customers depending on their degree of importance.
- Existing policies are adjusted and new policies made at the time of introduction.
Comprehensive Managed Security Services by JBS for Ever-Expanding Microsoft 365 Enterprise
This service is offered by JBS for modern workplace security products included in the integrated solution offered by Microsoft Japan, Microsoft 365 Enterprise E5 (*1). This service was released as the fourth round of comprehensive managed security services offered by JBS following:
- Managed Security Service for Windows Defender ATP (launched November 1, 2018)
- Managed Security Service for Azure Active Directory Identity Protection (launched February 12, 2019), and
- Managed Security Service for Microsoft Cloud App Security (launched May 7, 2019).
Cyber kill chain-based(*2) multilayer protection products (Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection,
Azure Active Directory Identity Protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Cloud App Security, etc.) that
are provided in Microsoft 365 Enterprise E5 enable you to securely use a cloud-oriented business environment
centered on Office 365.
Based on the concept that continued and appropriate operation is required in order to use these products effectively, JBS, with an extensive track record of implementing Microsoft cloud solutions, is rolling out menus to handle the operation of Microsoft 365 Enterprise E5 totally on your behalf. By unifying your products to Microsoft solutions, we aim to reduce companies’ operational burden and recovery man-hours and further improve your security level.
Going forward, JBS plans to provide managed security services for Azure Advanced Threat Protection, etc., which protects companies from high-level and wide-ranging cyberattacks and internal threats, based on our experience in security solutions and managed services honed by Enterprise and strong partnership with Microsoft Japan.
- *1 Microsoft 365 is an intelligent integrated solution that supports work styles that aim to improve creativity and teamwork and maximizes individuals’ and organizations’ performance in a safe and secure environment. It includes the latest integrated information-sharing cloud service, Office 365, the latest operating system, Windows 10, and ID-based security solution, Enterprise Mobility + Security. With Microsoft 365’s highest level plan for business use, Microsoft 365 Enterprise E5, functions can be used to support work styles that allow users to be active, such as Power BI, a data analysis tool, MyAnalytics, which offers points for improvement by visualizing working styles, a telephone system (cloud PBX) and telephone conference system that allows cloud-based telephone communication, and the latest security solution that allows users to prepare for unknown threats.
- *2 A cyber kill chain is a framework that structures the actions of attackers in a targeted attack and the process of attacks.